Hope Academy of West Michigan
Hope Academy of West Michigan is a safe place for students to learn and grow. Whether your child is in a private or public school in West Michigan, Hope Academy of West Michigan offers a new choice and a new hope for academic success through:
- Positive learning experiences
- Comprehensive education for a better future
- Career exploration
- Emphasis on character development
- Counseling services to assist with life’s problems
Facts About Hope Academy of West Michigan:
- Tuition-free charter school authorized through Ferris State University
- Serves pre-kindergarten through 12th grade
- Hope Academy's preschool is funded through the Great Start Readiness Program
- Balanced Calender school schedule
- English as a Second Language (ESL) programs
- Low student-teacher ratio
- Individual student learning plans
- Teaching and learning focuses on the whole student: physical and emotional health contribute to student success
- On-site individual, group and family counseling services
- Job skills training for older students
Originally opened in January 2005 as a private program and expanding as a charter school in 2008, Lighthouse Academy is a unique and innovative school reaching out to at-risk teens who are expelled, court involved, or who have special education needs. There are no tuition or enrollment fees.
Lighthouse Academy's initial student body totaled 17 when the doors first opened in 2005. Since then, Lighthouse Academy has grown from a one-room school to having five campus locations throughout Kent County, educating over 1200 students each year.
Currently, Lighthouse Academy serves students at five campuses:
To learn more about each location, please follow the links above.